8.22.2010

Reflections on a Sunday in 5th Term: Hot & Humid but with a View

I love the sound of the rain on our tin roof in my new off campus apartment. I hate the humidity and bugs that come with the rain. On the upside, living off campus means a wonderful balcony overlooking Lanse Aux Epines and the marina and it is breathtaking, worth the bugs and humidity for sure. (And my room has a/c, I just feel like a hermit always running into my room to escape the heat.)

I'm here in my (cross my fingers, nose to the books) last term and week 3 is about to start. I think I've grown complacent, I still enjoy the island but the goats wandering into the middle of road and the chance to swim in the amazing Caribbean Sea whenever I want have somehow lost their luster.

Fifth term is.... well, busy.... lots of exams, small groups, plus hospital rotations and class 3 or 4 or 5 hours a day. I might have time if I stopped going to class like more than half of my colleagues but I don't really enjoy sonicing and I figure it can't hurt (well as long as I put in the study time despite the time suck) so that is about all I have to say about 5th term. I started my clinical rotations in Peds and I loved it! Physical exam and reflexes on a 3 day old, what's not to love?!?

Here is hoping for inspiration to blog more often and that fifth term flies by so I can go study and take my boards and start 3rd year already. Senior-island-itis... who me????
Happy Sunday!

P.S. I found a new favorite med blog and my title is a clue, any guesses?

No comments:

Post a Comment