9.27.2012

Camping!

What a wonderful day, Dr. Boyfriend and Sancho are on their way to meet me right now and we will be camping for two nights by a lake in the mountains. I love camping, there is just something about being outside with nature that is soul-inspiring. And it is Dr. Boyfriend's first camping trip, so that will be a first for "us" too. I'm very excited!

In other non-related news:  I'm still at two interviews but they are both booked, confirmed and on the horizon. I have been reading a new-to-me-blog that is informative and relevant to my future job as pediatric neurologist. I owe this find to Grady Doctor. If you have any interesest in child neuro, epilepsy or raising a special needs kid then a moon, worn as if had been a shell is worth checking out. And in ode to my new find (the author likes poetry) I am posting one of my favorite poem's of all time. Because it reminds me of being outside, enjoying the moment and also everything I still need to do with respect to this year, matching, life, etc.

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep. 
-Robert Frost



3 comments:

  1. Robert Frost is one of my favorite poets! I particularly love "The Road Not Taken" but I remember having to memorize this poem in the 6th grade. It came a lot more easily than the others for some reason...But I fully agree with you on its relevance to life right now-thank you for the beautiful reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the shout-out! I so loved your original comment to me, and can you freaking believe how amazing that group of parents is that have responded to your beautiful self?

    On another note, I memorized that Robert Frost poem IN SEVENTH GRADE and can still recite it along with "Two Roads Diverged in a Wood" -- they're good ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I really can't believe it! I am overwhelmed by the response your post has generated. It is truly inspiring.

      I simply love Frost.

      Also, I would be honored to meet you and Sophie. I'm in San Diego now and will be driving to the Bay area for a rotation next weekend so I'm trying to figure out if I can incorporate coming to Expressing Motherhood en route.... Saturday night vs Sunday matinee. I wIll be in touch!

      Delete