2.13.2010

Birthday Morning Muffins~ Recipe

Classic Rock, aka Nutmeg is a year older today and in honor I made muffins. My mom use to always surprise me on my B-day with a gift or card by first thing in the morning and it made my day. Since it is too early to serve cake so I figured muffins would do the trick- I needed something to put a candle in!

Birthday Morning Muffins-

Ingredients:
1 cup granola
1/2 cup apples-diced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup flour
1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
3/4 cup applesauce
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil or melted butter

Directions:
Cream applesauce, oil and egg together and set aside
Mix dry ingredients adding the granola last, stir in the apples and cranberries
Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and spoon into muffin pan. Bake in pre-heated oven at 350 for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment