11.02.2010

43 days left to hang my laundry

Today is laundry day and here in the Caribbean we dry our laundry on clotheslines.  I am not sure if I will miss it, to be honest I like my towels fluffy but hanging clothes out to dry is kind of fun. I'm not green enough nor do I have space to do this at home so it is another thing that happens only here....

And because I'm studying today and just had to create a MCQ for clinical skills I'll leave you with this.


A 48 year old woman presents to your office with goiter. Upon palpation the gland feels nodular and there is no tenderness. No bruits are heard upon auscultation. Patient denies any previous illness such as an upper respiratory tract infection but does have a history of rheumatoid arthritis for which she takes NSAIDs. Lab tests reveal decreased TSH levels and increased T3 and T4 levels. Antibody tests come back positive. Nucleotide scanning reveals decreased uptake. What is your patient at an increased risk of developing?

  1. Plummer’s Disease
  2. Hoarse voice and dysphagia
  3. Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
  4. Hypothyroidism secondary to treatment
  5. Toxic Adenoma

1 comment:

  1. That is too bad that you are going to give up the air drying habit. It saves not only energy but money and wear and tear on your clothes. I have air dried every thing on clothes drying rack for the last couple years. I think it is a good thing to model for my kids and neighbors.

    ReplyDelete