10.30.2010

T-46= the calm before the storm?

Tropical Storm Tomas has now been upgraded to a Cat 1 Hurricane. It doesn't look like Grenada is in its direct path so while that is good news I still worry that tropical storm conditions may mean loss of electricity so I'm enjoying my a/c and lights for now and keeping my fingers crossed. There is an ill defined wind not blowing from any certain direction and rain off and on... I've never really lived in hurricane territory before, it is a strange feeling, this eerie calm... 

This is the latest email from the school:  

GRENADA REMAINS UNDER TROPICAL STORM WARNING  
All students, faculty and staff are advised to remain at home/in shelter until the warning is lifted.



Picture above- our water supply, as they turned our water off last night. We are currently using water from our holding tank but this is our supply of "fresh water" until this is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment